GBHC's Fall 2011 Membership Meeting - Brooklyn Health: Flatbush
Greater Brooklyn Health Coalition
Date & Time:
1:30pm - 4:00pm
22 Linden Boulevard (near Flatbush Ave.)
for Event # 25
• Learn how to design and implement an effective social marketing campaign, including best practices, lessons learned and pitfalls to avoid;
• Learn about the unique demographics and health needs of Flatbush;
• Network with local politicians and community leaders;
• Highlight some of GBHC’s member agencies; and
• Participate in a dialogue on how we can work together to make Flatbush a healthier place.
Keynote Presentation: “How to Design and Implement a Social Marketing Campaign” – Stephen Beasley, Project Coordinator, Brooklyn Partnership to Drive Down Diabetes (BP3D) and Geneva Musgrave, Program Supervisor, CAMBA Anti-Stigma Interventions
Neighborhood Panel Representatives:
• Karen Benker, MD, MPH, Associate Dean for Community Public Health Affairs, School of Public Health, SUNY Downstate Medical Center
• Gretchen Maneval, Director, Center for the Study of Brooklyn at Brooklyn College
• Crystalann Venable, Program Coordinator, Women’s Health Department, Caribbean Women’s Health Association
• Maria Yomtov, RN MSN CDE, Associate Director of Nursing and Director of the Center for Community Health Promotion and Wellness, SUNY Downstate Medical Center
No morning sessions scheduled
As listed above.
Light snacks will be served
lunch is served, please let us know in advance
of any dietary restrictions you may have.